Careers: iOS Engineer
iOS Engineer, or similar.
Note: The successful candidate may be on a probationary period with Suji for up to 3 months.
Suji is a VC-backed sports and health technology company which utilises the science of blood flow restriction training (BFR) to optimise physical performance. Suji's hardware and software combine limb compression and low intensity exercise, enabling people of all ages, shapes, and sizes to improve performance, reduce joint pain, and recover faster. Suji’s mobile application integrates flawlessly with our hardware to calibrate and provide the correct compression for each user.
After completing a highly coveted 4-month accelerator program with leAD Sports & Health Tech, Suji is now a global entity and is primed to expand into the healthcare market. Suji currently has eight employees and is seeking to double its team in the coming months, of which at least two more software engineers will be welcomed.
Not convinced on BFR yet? Here are some of our paying customers to date!
You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing critical features end-to-end from design to deployment. Above all, your work will impact the way people rehabilitate and train.
- Collaborate with the CTO and other engineers to continue to improve the Suji iOS app based on customer feedback and discovery
- Implement critical features and find end-to-end solutions, adhering to mobile development best practices
- Bug identification and fixing
Who You Are
- You are highly organised with proven ability to prioritise and self-test your work, and produce pull requests with confidence
- You are a great communicator and regularly seek feedback
- You build intuition quickly and have strong opinions, loosely held
- You have interest in "why" design decisions are made and often contribute your own UI/UX ideas
- Seek the challenge and excitement of growing a startup
- Able to work at least half of your work day between 0900 and 1700 UK time
Tech Stack Required
- Minimum 6-months experience implementing and shipping production-level SwiftUI, whether as a personal project or for a company. Non-published SwiftUI projects will not be enough to qualify unless there is demonstrable skill, nor will experience with UIKit alone.
- Knowledge and experience of MVVM.
- Firebase: experience preferred but not essential.
- Issue tracking: we use Notion, though any other tool experience is acceptable (e.g. JIRA, Monday, Asana, etc.)
- Git and GitHub experience essential.
Job Salary Range & Holidays
- Renumeration of £35K - £50K per annum, depending on experience. Salaries are unaffected by remote working location.
- Contractors/Freelancers are allowed to apply but must be able to work full-time with Suji. Contractors may not receive vacation days, pension, company equipment, and/or share options (TBD).
- As an employee, you will receive:
- Attractive share options package: Suji has recently closed its Seed Investment Round
- 38 days vacation per annum
- All travel expenses paid
- All necessary hardware including Suji units, M1 Macbook Pro, keyboard, mouse, monitor, iPad Air, iPhone, and any other accessories required
- Remote, full-time: all European countries considered except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus due to the ongoing war
- Submit your CV to email@example.com with the title iOS Engineer
- Culture and character screening call
- Technical interview: SwiftUI programming challenge and UI/UX intuition challenge (TBC)
We are excited to bring on people who want to grow with the company. We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Note: Each stage of the process will determine whether you progress to the next stage. It is not guaranteed that you will progress through the entire process. All applicants will receive notice of progression. Written feedback will be provided on request at Stage 1, and is always provided for Stage 2 and Stage 3. If it is clear from your CV that you do not meet the tech stack requirements you will not receive a response.