Software Engineer, or similar.
Note: The successful candidate may be a consultant to Suji for up to 3 months before joining as an employee upon successful review.
Suji is a VC-backed sports and health technology company which utilises the science of blood flow restriction training (BFR) to optimise physical performance. Suji's hardware and software combine limb compression and low intensity exercise, enabling people of all ages, shapes, and sizes to improve performance, reduce joint pain, and recover faster. Suji’s mobile application integrates flawlessly with our hardware to calibrate and provide the correct compression for each user.
After completing a highly coveted 4-month accelerator program with leAD Sports & Health Tech, Suji is now a global entity and is distributed between Edinburgh, Scotland and Lake Nona, Florida, USA, with some of the team working remotely.
Not convinced on BFR yet? Here are some of our paying customers to date!
Not only have these institutes bought and validated our product, many are keen to engage in developmental partnerships which will see you grow your skillset beyond what you could ever imagine at a 9-5 office job (remember those?).
Suji is seeking to double or even triple its team in the coming months, of which at least two software engineers will be welcomed.
You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing critical features, improving overall stability, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way people rehabilitate and train.
- Build out either the Android app (Kotlin) or the iOS app (SwiftUI), assisted by our CTO who built both applications thus far
- Collaborate to implement critical features and find end-to-end solutions, adhering to mobile development best practices
- Bug identification and fixing
- Providing technical support to customers and partners, and improve overall customer experience
Who You Are
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented code for mobile.
- You are highly organised with proven ability to control multiple projects.
- You are experienced with APIs, synchronous/asynchronous network calls, authentication, and some UI/UX. Experience with Firebase is preferred but not essential.
- Able to work at least half of your work day on UK time, or proven ability to manage asynchronous work via software tools.
Job Salary Range & Holidays
- Renumeration of £45K - £65K per annum, depending on experience
- During, or immediately after, the consultancy period you may be converted to a full-time position in which you will receive:
- Attractive share options package - note: Suji is about to close a seed investment round
- 38 days holiday per annum
- Remote, or based in our shared office in Lake Nona, Florida, USA. Ability to travel to Edinburgh, Scotland and the USA may be required from time to time.
- Submit your CV or resume via this form (this will open a new window)
- Culture screening with panel
- Technical interview: easy/medium Leetcode task, system design task, and a handful of theoretical questions relating to software development
We look forward to hearing from you. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Note: Each stage of the process will determine whether you progress to the next stage. It is not guaranteed that you will progress through the entire process. All applicants will receive notice of progression. Written feedback will be provided on request at Stage 1, and always provided for Stage 2 and Stage 3.